Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cooking by me!!!( Ragi Roti Recipe)

When I initially came to USA, my cooking skills were very pathetic. I knew to cook only a few basic things, rice, dal, etc. But since I am here I spent a lot of time on cooking, I used the recipe book which my mother had written it for me. From then I have been continuosly cooking better day by day. I keep trying my new dishes with my roomates (I pity them...he he he he). One of my popular dish is "Ragi roti", its very simple and very tasty.


Recipe:

Ragi flour - 1 Cup
Oil
Hot water - Enough to make the flour into a thick dough
Green Chilli paste (Depending upon your spicy level tolerance)
Pudina leaves
Grated carrot
Few onions - Cut into small pieces
Salt to taste



Mix all the ingredients to a fairly thick dough (not very tick as chapathi)
Then take a flat bottomed roti tawa and smear oil all over it and using your hands spread the dough on the tawa. Make it as thin as possible for the roti to be crispy and then palce it on the stove for uniform heating. Close it with a lid for best results. Enjoy it with pickle or yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. You are a good cook :)

    ReplyDelete